This is the first public beta of DaleyKlippings. The file may be downloaded here:
The software is derived from public domain Klippings (not to be confused with Klippings Kollector). You can get a basic idea of the feature set at the original site. However, I fixed a slew of bugs and have made many enhancements including:
Advanced matching between notes and highlights:
- The matching algorithm now uses locations and location ranges instead of dates when determining matches. This should significantly improve the accuracy of the matching process.
- When attaching a note, the algorithm automatically checks the highlight before and after the note. This expands support to Kindle devices (like the Touch) that list the notes before the highlights.
Now supports Author, Page, Note, and Highlight fields
- All of these fields can be used as wildcards when creating export templates
- Generally speaking, users should continue to use “Text” when creating export patterns because “Note” and “Highlight” will not always have data.
Added “formatting prefixes” – Formatting prefixes make it easier to adjust data based on your output needs. Current formats include:
- XmlSafe – Replaces <, >, and & with their HTML equivalents
- EvernoteTag – Enforces Evernote’s tag requirements by removing all commas (replaced with ‘_’) and limiting length to 100 characters
- Formatting prefixes can be added to any tag to change the output. For example, XmlSafeTitle or XmlSafeText.
Fully customized Attached Notes
- Notes no longer use the “highlight delimeter” logic. Instead, each export pattern has an extra input box. This box accepts a pattern that will be applied to Attached Notes.
- This box uses the same pattern logic as other export windows. It accepts all prefixes and any field EXCEPT “Text”.
Enhanced Text field
- Despite changes to Attached Notes and user interface, the Text field will continue to dynamically choose between “Bookmarks” (empty), “Notes”, “Highlights”, and “Attached Notes” when filling in the field.
- The Text field accepts all Prefixes with one caveat. Because Attached Notes can be fully configured through the Export pattern, prefixes are not applied to Attached Notes. These prefixes are applied to individual Notes and Highlights.